Riyaaz is among one of the most recognised restaurateurs in the country today. Starting out as a young and passionate entrepreneur, he is now the driving force behind the success and evolution of Impressario.The journey which started with a single restaurant has now transformed into a multi-brand empire.
Over the last decade, he has created many new concepts across the nation and earned the admiration and respect of the Indian hospitality industry. A pioneer in his field, Riyaaz is famous for his uncanny ability to provide one-of-its-kind experiences to the customers, through innovation. In 2011, he was deemed as “Best Restaurateur ” in India at the Time Out Food Awards. Riyaaz is the youngest Indian to have won the title.
He has been appointed as the President of National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) – a coveted post for which he was unanimously selected by his peers. Internationally, his restaurants have been nominated for UK’s Restaurant & Bar Design Award as well as shortlisted for Miele’s Top 50 Restaurants in Asia.
Professional turned Serial Entrepreneur, Rahul has been involved with numerous sports & lifestyle brands for the past 20 years. Rahul’s latest venture, The Beer Café, offers consumers the widest variety of beers that one can get in the country and a unique beer drinking experience. He’s also the Founder & MD of the innovative concept, Golfworx which is India’s first and the world’s largest indoor golf club. Prior to 2007, he was at Reebok India for 8 years and in Triburg for 5 years.
• A highly motivated, adaptable and pragmatic leader with extensive professional experience in all aspects of strategy, operations, building brands & organizations and business development across diverse geographies (US, Europe & India) at consumer centric Fortune 500 companies
• History of influencing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to achieve business objectives; track record of balancing conflicting expectations whilst achieving key deliverables and in the process also building strong business organisations
• Professional journey which is founded on strong consumer instincts, analytical skills and solid operations & commercial understanding while managing functional and general management responsibilities
• Technology champion who has successfully demonstrated how technology advancements can help the business by redefining business models, operational processes and most importantly upgrading customer experience and engagement.
• Closely work with the stakeholders of the brand both at a local and global level to develop the financial and business strategies in both emerging and developed markets
• On a journey now with a vision and desire to contribute to India’s growth by building an industry segment and a capable, diverse workforce for the country through creation of 000s of job by 2020
Manpreet is instrumental in Subway’s rapid expansion in India and in building an organic network of franchisees willing to associate themselves with the brand and grow as entrepreneurs.
He completed his schooling from St. Columba’s and pursued his graduation from Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) in Delhi. He is a Post Graduate in Economics and Finance from London School of Economics and Political Sciences. He started his career by joining his family business of manufacturing cables and wires and went on to open the first Subway restaurant in India in December 2001.
Currently, he is the Country Head of Subway restaurants and Development Agent for NCR, UP, Uttaranchal, HP, Maharashtra (including Mumbai), Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
He was the first development agent for Subway for Delhi and NCR in 2002. Thereafter, became the development agents for Goa, Mumbai and Maharashtra in 2003 followed by Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu in 2005. Mr Manpreet Gulri was appointed the Country Head for Subway in 2006. A major contribution by him is the 100% localization of equipment and ingredients used in Subway.
He is a techno commercial professional having Post Graduate Degree in Food Technology from one of the prestigious Asian University G.B.PANT UNIVERSITY OF AGICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY PANTNAGAR, NANITAL followed by MBA and Doctorate of Philosophy in Business Administration. He has worked with various reputed and prestigious organizations such as WIMPY INTERNATIONAL (Division of United Biscuit Empire), President / CEO of Uncle Chips Co. Ltd. followed by CEO / Executive President of Amrit Banaspati Co. Ltd. . He has joined Haldiram Group of Companies as Executive President in the year 2006 and promoted Executive Director of Haldiram Group of Companies. He is responsible for all the matters related to company including Top Line, Bottom Line, Vision of the Company, Diversification, Expansion, Innovation and R&D etc. and reporting to Board of Directors.