CONSTITUTION, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Certification Committee is an operating committee reporting to the Technical Committee. The Certification Committee is made up of wide range of industry experts from global retail organisations with knowledge of ISO standards, certification process; Accreditation Body (NABCB), Certification Bodies with thorough understanding of retail operations audit; Retail wing of National Trade Body, Consumer Protection Law, Consulting and Research. The Committee decides its own chairperson. The TRUSTED MARK Executive Director* may invite additional members (on need basis) in consultation with Committee chairperson. The Certification Committee shall have at least 5 members to take a decision wrt certification process, CB requirements and audit issues. The Certification Committee enables the stakeholders to integrate their expertise for the improvement and the development of the “Trusted” Certification Scheme. The Committee shall formulate its own processes and procedures.
The purpose of Certification Committee includes –
- To discuss implementation issues and provide feedback as well as represent the activities of the Certification Bodies.
- To coordinate and supervise the activities of the Certification Bodies.
- To discuss changes if required in the certification process, CB requirements, audit issues.
- To review any specific trend based on issues / feedback received and recommends necessary changes in the Scheme process to the Technical Committee.
- The Certification Committee reviews reports from various CB to establish that the audits and recommendations for Certification are arrived at through adherence to prescribed procedures and are supported by the evidence gathered during the audit.
- These reviews may include:
- Identifying the need for training of CB personnel where repetitive errors are made, or client appeals are found to be justified.
- Providing feedback to Certifying bodies where deviations from the prescribed procedures are found.
- Evaluating feedback received from Accreditation body (NABCB) on CB performance.
- Appoint a team to carry out witness audit on CB audit teams on a sample basis